Monday, August 23, 2010

The Andalusian charm Seville,Spain


 I just came back from Spain last week, I decided to post my photos on this blog. I think I'll just limit myself to share with you my overall impressions on this trip, and most importantly, what I liked.
A few words about Seville anyway, which was the first and main step of our journey, and probably one of the most beautiful. His immense cathedral is truly impressive, you can climb up the Giralda (which is actually a minaret) up there with a magnificent view over the city. Well obviously I'm not up eh! 100 meters of stairs to climb.


Our hotel, I had chosen for its central location - right in the Barrio Santa Cruz district high tourist town - was a hotel of traditional Andalusian architecture.Many hotels in central Andalusia are constructed this way, and mostly, very well kept.


What I especially liked in Seville, and found in almost all cities in Andalusia, it is this pervasive greenery and gardens absolutely beautiful! Each neighborhood has its park, and it's really pleasant to walk and make breaks in the shade under the trees. The people pass themselves a lot of time in the gardens, there go by bike, kissing on the benches, there walk their dogs or take their lunch.


I had a big favorite also for the Arab-Andalusian architecture of the city, but very bright white color at a time, with flowers around the windows and bougainvillea to make him jealous that found on my window sill Parisian (yes, it is possible to grow a bougainvillea in Paris!)


 Other trip to Seville, is one which runs along the Guadalquivir River and its bridges leading straight to the Triana district, popular working-class neighborhood of the city where it seems, you can listen to flamenco all night. According to the Backpacker's something to be missed but it must be night owls, which is far from my case!
what I remember most of the city is a real good life, and very little traffic (mainly bicycles, scooters and traditional tourist carriages!), Countless gardens, and me Seville is really a ideal city for a weekend in two if you want to quietly enjoy the sun and all the charms of the Andalusian experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment